Sunday, March 4, 2012

Just look at that comparison!


Did a big cosplay shopping trip today! Finally got proper colored fabric for the jacket of my Klavier Gavin cosplay from Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. I took the photo to show the comparison. Unfortunately it's a crappy cell pick that doesn't bring out the real quality of the cooler purple in the shadow of the jacket in the artwork, but I think you get the idea. I'm not sure I've ever gotten a fabric so close before! I originally made the costume in July for Otakon, rushed it a bit, and ended up not realizing the color of the fabric I got for my jacket was completely wrong. It was a cool purple rather than warm. In fact, I didn't even notice until just recently! Made sure to have the art book on me this time. Go plenty of other things too - a rather expensive Jo-Ann's trip, but I think it will pay off in the end. Working on 3 costumes for Anime Boston. Time to move forward. Gonna try to schedule my time out for the rest of the month so I can divide time between cosplay and art to get everything finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment